onsdag 7 januari 2015

Tomato sause and zpaghetti

I keep trying to convince myself that I like blended tomatoes. I'm not there yet.

I made new version of tomato sause this time, from what I'm used to. I put the tomatoes to dry in the oven, for 45 C, over the day to use them for dinner. I love half dried tomatoes. They get sweeter and more intense.

Then I chopped the tomatoes in my mini chopper together with some green onion, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper, some fresh sage and a piece of fresh piri piri (warning HOT). Sage is also kind of hot right now! Hot like in trendy. You can see it in a lot of menues right now. Sage is new to me but I really like it. Better than basil a the moment, since I've gotten a bit tired of basil after using it a lot in pestos and sauses.

I spiralized some zucchini, cucumber and shredded some white cabbage to go along with the tomato sause. This was one of the best raw tomato sauses I have tasted, but I have to say that I still prefer the tomatoes whole and just as they are.





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar