fredag 23 januari 2015

I was wrong... (Green papaya story)

...about the green papaya. Bought some tropical fruit a couple of days ago and one of them was green papaya that I have never heard of. I cut a bit from it and had a bite and it was terribly bitter! Horrible! Thought I was going to throw it away. But I decided that there had to be a way to eat it. It had to be edible in some way, since people obviously eat it. I checked it up on Youtube and now I have constructed my own raw recipe for a suitable dressing to the green vegetable.

The green papaya has to be peeled and make sure not come too close to the seeds. Those little suckers taste so bitter! Shred the papaya into thin noodly stripes. I have a super mandolin that does the trick.

For the dressing I used a clove of garlic, a piece of fresh chili, crushed those into a paste in a mortal, then added some nori flakes, to give it a shrimp kind of taste. Poured some honey (ok, not vegan I know, but I'm out of agave) and fresh lemonjuice into the mortal and mixed everything together. Then I poured it over the green papaya. And voilà! A really fresh and tasty salad!


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar