tisdag 6 januari 2015

The best way to start

Most people find it easiest to start to eat raw meals for breakfast. I have gone that way too. Breakfast has never been my favorite meal. When I was a kid I ate almost nothing before I went to school, half a cup of tea and maybe half a sandwich. When I got a bit older I realized I had to eat a litte bit more to stay focused until lunch and started to eat a small plate of yoghurt or sour milk (filmjölk in swedish) and some muesli, then went back to tea and a sandwich until I started with raw foods.

When I started with raw breakfast I had soaked buckwheat and dried apricots for breakfast. I can't say that it was tasty, but I ate it and it became a habit for a while. Breakfast had mostly been by force earlier on anyway. Then I learnt about smoothies! Heaven showed!

I love smoothies for breakfast and I have one almost every morning, except sometimes, like today and yesterday when I have craved for chia porridge. Love chia porridge, made with raw almond milk, raisins, banana and a pinch of cinnamon!

Here is my recipe for a small bowl (use as much as you like to get satisfied).

Chia porridge
3 tbsp Chia seeds
2 dl Raw almond milk
1 tbsp Raisins
A pinch of Cinnamon

I have started to warm my porridge in the oven for a while, because I don't like the cold mess that it makes. I put the chia seeds with the almond milk and raisins in a bowl in the oven (40-45 C) for about 30 minutes. Then I add pieces from a banana into the mixture, and some cinnamon. If you want the porridge to be more dense, use more chia seeds or less almond milk.

Today I also ate some clementines and lychees and had some fresh ginger and menthe tea to go with the porridge.

I love raw breakfasts! A wonderful way to start your day!



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar