måndag 19 januari 2015

Jeeeez, no cheeeese...?!

Never understood what vegans eat to get satisfied and how they could manage without cheese?! I love cheese! All kinds of cheese. Never thought I could stay away from cheese. Unfortunately I don't love vegan cheese that you buy at the supermarket. 

Fortunately you can easily make you own raw cheese. No, no dairy. Tonight I made some almond milk so I had some leftover almond pulp I had to use. 

Blended about 1,5 dl cashews with a clove of garlic, a piece of fresh chili, black pepper, salt, and one tsp ramsons vinegar (bought the vinegar in Gotland where ramsons grow, note to myself: buy some more vinegar this summer). Then added 0,5 dl sundried tomatoes marinated in oil, and the leftover pulp from 2 dl of almonds. Blended everything together with some water. Then let it set in the fridge for a while. Would have used some fresh herbs if I had some but I didn't. The taste of this soft spread cheese turned out DEVINE anyway! Who said something about no cheese?! 

Sliced apples and mushrooms made perfect crackers. Gimmie more cheese, pleeease! 





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar