söndag 25 januari 2015

Dining out at Hemavans Wärdshus

Yesterday we were some people who had decided to go out to have some dinner.

I like dining out, but when you want to eat vegan or even raw vegan you don't have many choices. Were I live there aren't many restaurants too chose from at all, and most of them serve meat, because that is what people eat up here. We went to Hemavans Wärdshus (tavern/inn). I had prepared the restaurant in advance though, told them that I wanted raw food and they promised they could fix it, so I was quite excited to see what they could present and this is what I got.


A really nice salad with romaine, cucumber, fennel and sage. The portion was a bit small and the dressing wasn't raw, but I give the chef a thumbs up for to the salad and for the try.

Apart from the raw and vegan food (that isn't on the menu) they have a really fine menu of conventional food like moose/elk with home made rustic french fries and roe with sourcream.

I like their interior, an old house made of timber. The tavern is situated close to the ski-slope and also has rooms and cottages for rent.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar