söndag 11 januari 2015

Hard time?

Been doing this for a little more than a week now. It's going fairly well. The most difficult thing for me is that I can't eat enough of fruits and greens and when the evening comes I feel hungry and then I don't feel like eating more fruits and greens. So this past week I have actually had both some potatoes, rice and pasta, to go with my greens, for some meals. And I've had a sandwich and a couple of crackers that wasn't raw. I was aiming for no exceptions but I'd rather add some starches then trying to stay on raw foods, get starved and not succeed. So as I'm training to eat larger amounts of fruits and greens I'll eat a potatoe or two once in a while.

Even though I have eaten some cooked foods I'm still eating high raw, and hopefully, when this year is through I'll be closer to a fully raw diet. I don't want to give myself a hard time with the raw food and I probably have to take it a little more slow to do this transition than I have planned at first.

I must say that I love all the experimenting in the kitchen that comes with all this, even if I can't get enough calories in with only raw foods all the time. I need variation and I can't eat the same thing over and over again, so I have to try different combinations all the time.

When I talked to a friend the other day she told she had made a pesto of kale and almonds. That inspired me, so today I made a kale pesto of my own and it turned out really good!


Kale almond pesto
Kale
Almonds
Coldpressed olive oil
Sundried tomatoes
Garlic
A pinch of salt and black pepper and cayenne

Put everything in a blender and blend. Serve with a huge portion of salad. I ate the pesto together with a large portion of salad and some small potatoes. It has kept me satisfied the whole day since lunchtime!




Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar