lördag 17 januari 2015

Having doubts

You may ask why I'm doing this and question if raw food is really the most beneficial diet, and you may think that a standard diet is the best. I too have my doubts sometimes about this, and then I fall off the wagon and go back to my vegetarian/pescetarian diet, but then I get a reminder that it isn't as good as I might think. I get troubles with digestion, I lack energy and my body feels achy among other things. Back to raw foods again.

For more then ten years ago I started to eat a vegetarian diet to see if that would improve my body, because studies show that people with rheumatism responses positive to vegetarian food. And then I turned a vegetarian. I realized that a vegetarian diet was much better than a diet with meat. It wasn't even hard to transition to a vegetarian, or actually more a pescetarian diet. After a couple of years I felt that there must be another step I can take to improve my health and started to experiment, excluded sugar and tried a high fat low carb diet. Everybody did it at the time. I liked the food but it didn't really do anything to my health, and it was quite limiting also when I didn't eat meat, mostly ate salmon and tuna with broccoli and other greens, and dairy products. Had bad cholesterol though. It wasn't the way to eat to be healthy. Turned back to my previous way of eating and included more carbs like potatoes, rice, pasta and quinoa. Until I found raw food.

Even if there are people having doubts about a raw food, and raw food could use more research and studies to prove the theories behind raw food, I'm listening to my body and it speaks to me and tells me that raw food is Da Shit! Don't care about studies. I study myself. I have drastically improved my cholesterol profile since I started with raw foods, and I feel energized, so now I'm determined to improve my health even more!

If I only could get all the calories in that I need, so that is my struggle right now, becacuse I want to say "Bye, bye" to cooked carbs. They make my joints feel swollen. The way I'm eating now is far more better though then before, and I have learned quite a lot about raw foods these last four years. I'll continue to learn.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar